The Cape Cod Water Protection Collaborative exists to offer a coordinated approach to enhance the water and wastewater management efforts of towns, the Regional Government and the broader community. The Collaborative seeks to protect Cape Cod’s shared water resources and to provide access to cost effective and environmentally sound wastewater infrastructure. The Collaborative seeks funding support for the Cape communities, establishes priorities, directs strategy, builds support for action, and fosters regionalism.
The Collaborative functions using the following structure:
- 17-member Governing Board that approves all expenditures, policies and strategies.
- 6-member Steering Committee that reviews and develops proposed strategies, policies and budget proposals for consideration by Governing Board.
- Ad hoc committee convened on an as-needed basis to support the deliberations of the Governing Board.
- An Executive Director to manage day-to-day affairs of the Collaborative.
- Staff functions to be provided on a contract basis by other County operating departments.
The Governing Board meets bi-monthly and the Steering Committee meets monthly. View current meeting schedule, meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
View the county ordinance that created the Cape Cod Water Protection Collaborative in 2005.
RESOURCES FOR VIEWING:
Evaluation of Regionalization
Existing Regulatory Environment
1/11/2012: Executive Summary of the Report of the MEP Scientific Review Panel
· Full summary
· Full report of the MEP Scientific Review Panel
Press release on MEP Scientific Review Panel findings